Despite the availability of a large number of specialized feeds for various age categories on sale, the question of feeding cats with "natural" feeds remains (even if it is cheaper). At the same time, 3/4 of the diet should be "natural". A 4-5 component diet is offered
With one-time feeding, it's better to feed at night. Once again we repeat the elementary truth: how many times and whenever you feed a cat, water (better boiled) should always be. Changing water affects the animal much more than changing the diet (which implies that if you transport an animal somewhere, for example, to an exhibition, it is better to take water with you). It should also be remembered that cats do not distinguish between the taste of the liquid and there is no particular difference between water and, for example, sweet tea. Keep this in mind and do not leave open containers with liquids! And so you can and should give the cat a weak decoction of rice.
The average food temperature should be 30-40 ° C. When changing the diet at a time, you can change no more than 2 components. In most cases, unless otherwise stated, all components of the food should not be boiled.
1. Meat and offal. This is one of the most attractive products (its digestibility reaches 90%). In this case, the pieces of meat should be cut into cubes the size of one cubic centimeter. For kittens meat can be scraped, and minced meat (especially manufactured on industrial equipment) should not be given at all. Meat products should be given veal, beef, poultry meat; Pork - only boiled and in small quantities. We usually store the meat frozen, and defrost in the microwave, which gives an additional security guarantee (microwave radiation has a harmful effect on microorganisms and bacteria). As for by-products, they can and should be given, especially the liver, which has a very positive effect on the color and sexual function of the animal. Raw liver is weak, boiled - on the contrary. It is very useful to give chicken heads and neck, slightly beating them with a hammer.
2. Fish products. Fish must be scraped or cut into small pieces without bones (for kittens), large bones removed in any case. Give the river fish only cooked! Sea fish is not brewed. In doing so, you should avoid giving cod and pollock. It should be borne in mind that fish (any) should be given no more than 1-2 times a week.
3. Canned food (not specialized). They should not be given at all. The same goes for sausage products.
4. Milk. Whole cow milk adult animals are poorly digested. You can give kittens to 4 weeks of age. It is better to give sour cream, curdled milk, cottage cheese. A great product for both kittens and adult animals is goat's milk. It is possible (and kittens!) To give milk with honey.
5. Chicken eggs. They contain vitally important vitamin E (biotin). It is better to give the yolk, since the avitin contained in the protein blocks the action of biotin.
6. Bones. The bones are a source of calcium and phosphorus, but only the cartilage bones of broiler chickens are given to animals.
7. Vegetables and fruits. If the cat eats them, fine! You can give everything that is eaten, but raw (not salted or lightly salted!), In grated form: carrots. Cabbage (especially useful cauliflower), apples, cucumbers, etc., any greens. Very useful are germinated grains of oats, barley, wheat, containing vitamins of groups B and C. You can give nettles (preferably young shoots), scalding it with boiling water, leaves of wild raspberries (broth of wild raspberries - half teaspoon per day is highly recommended for pregnant women Cats).
8. Cereals. Cereals (porridge) - oatmeal, semolina, rice. Buckwheat, beans, corn must be soaked (can be in milk), but do not cook! You can give and bread - fresh, or crackers, especially rye. Bread is best served with boiled fish, but not with meat.
9. Mineral fertilizing. They are the main source of many groups of vitamins. Cats are most critical to the lack of vitamins of the following groups: A, B1, H. The need for vitamin D is small (therefore, it is not necessary to give fish oil), and there is also an avitaminosis in groups C and E. About the use of mineral fertilizing is to consult a veterinarian. A half teaspoon of yeast can be given every day. In the diet of cats should be administered (1% of the diet) and table salt. An animal's ration should be organized on the basis of 60 kcal and 10 g. Proteins per kilogram of live weight, i.e. A day it is necessary to give 150-250 grams of food, and 100 grams should contain approximately: 300-380 kcal, 20-45% protein, 10-30% fat, 2% fiber
For products, the layout may look something like this: 60-120 gr. Meat and fish; 20-60 gr. Lactic acid products; 10-20 gr. Croup; 20-50 gr. Vegetables; 1/2 teaspoon of yeast. As for the feeding of kittens, if the mother feeds them, it is better to feed them than later, the better, starting from 3-4 weeks of age. For complementary foods, it is best to use goat's milk with glucose, semolina or hercules in milk (triturate!). You can also grow cereals in cow's milk, but adding sour cream, cream. You can give and chicken protein, whipped with goat's milk. Meat and fish should first be boiled.
Here you will find professional advice on feeding cats and dogs, By feeding hamsters, parrots and snakes - will be prepared a separate article. And here is an article about feeding cats, feeding dogs, feeding kittens, feeding puppies. Now you can prepare food for cats, cat food. Also in professional shops you can buy parrot feed, rodent food, chinchilla food, turtle food, fish food, fish food and get advice on dry food, cat food, dog food, snake food and Get detailed information about snake food.
Radiy Sivak 2018/02/18
If you know someone who recently or long ago lost his pet - send him a link to our site. You will help him to survive the pain of loss and show compassion.